Tuesday, March 15, 2016

What's Happening Today: Custom Designed Necklace

This beautiful custom necklace was finished up and packaged as a very special birthday gift today.



While it's not the usual fare of earrings for sensitive ears that you read about here, the wearer-to-be does have skin that is sensitive to sterling silver, so this necklace is composed of natural brass.

What is most fun about this lovely necklace and what I just LOVE about doing custom work is the special meaning behind every custom piece. The significance of this piece is the gems: garnet, amethyst, pearl and rose quartz, and not in the way that you would probably first guess. 

Did you guess birthstones? Nope. 

This custom necklace was made for fans of the show Steven Universe! Gems are a big part of the story line, so I'm thinking it's probably I could get excited about!



I think this is such a creative and thoughtful gift. I did not know a thing about the show until I was commissioned to do this piece and although I still have yet to see it, I read a little about it and it's pretty interesting and creative. Here is a quick excerpt explanation:

 "It is the coming-of-age story of a young boy named Steven, who grows up in the town of Beach City while living with three magical humanoid aliens, the "Crystal Gems" Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. Steven, who is half-Gem, goes on adventures with his friends and helps the Gems protect the world from their own kind."- Wikipedia

Rose Quartz has a place somewhere in there too, but I haven't figured out where yet. Now I might have a new show to follow and I'm sure my son will be delighted to join me!

In the meantime, I had better get back to work on my titanium and niobium earrings orders for my wonderful customers with sensitive earlobes! Please feel free to contact me any time with a custom order request - I love working with my customers to come up with unique and meaningful designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment